Applications for the 2019 Student Entrepreneur Award are Now Open!
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC) has launched a Student Entrepreneur Award as part of its efforts to encourage and support entrepreneurship in Prince Edward Island. The future of the Island economy depends on the success of our dedicated entrepreneurs who launch businesses, deliver economic growth and ensure the vitality of our communities. This award is sponsored by Air Canada and was developed to inspire Island students to follow entrepreneurship as a career path.
The award winner will receive a $2000 cash prize, recognition at the Annual President’s Luncheon, and a one-year complimentary membership with the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce.
Award Application Process
March 1, 2019 – Applicants must complete and submit the online application by the application deadline.
- The application requires two references who may be contacted by the judging panel:
- One reference from your post-secondary institution
- One reference who is a business associate but not an employee/owner/or shareholder in your company.
- March – Applicants who meet the criteria will be granted an interview with the judging panel. Interviews will be used to further evaluate the applicant and their business against the award criteria.
- April –Student Entrepreneur Award recipient will be announced.
- May – Student Entrepreneur Award presented to the recipient at the 2018 President’s Annual Luncheon.
Please note: The GCACC Student Entrepreneur Award Judging Panel will be asked to treat all applications with complete confidentiality.