The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC) serves as the “Voice of Business” on economic issues for its 975 members, representing more than 17,500 employees in small, medium and large enterprises in the capital region.
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, personable and results-oriented professional to join their team to develop and manage a networking pilot program. The program is focused on helping newcomers and new graduates in PEI build their professional network, connect with career opportunities, and stay in their community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with Connectee candidates, review candidate’s profile, determine candidates educational and career goals and ensure the job readiness of the candidate, provide labour market information for candidates, and make selection for participation and match to the first Connector.
- Network and build relationships that will provide opportunities to increase Connector and Connectee participation.
- Build rapport with PEI Association for Newcomers, university and college liaisons and encourage all groups to develop a strong database of newcomers, local and international graduate referrals for the program.
- Work with agencies to develop and manage the marketing and communications plan for the program including program collateral, website, social media, advertising and public relations events and activities.
- Assist with program finances including funding applications, budget management and quarterly claim preparation.
- Promote effectively the program mission and vision within the workplace, client base, and broader community.
- Manage the database and ensure accuracy, integrity and timely entry of data.
- Measure and report impact, efficiencies, effectiveness and recommendations for program adjustments.
- Provide excellent customer service that meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Work independently, exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills throughout the completion of all job responsibilities.
- Ensure that all inquiries receive prompt, inviting, professional, and informative responses.
- Other duties as assigned for program success.
Experience & Skill Requirements
We are looking for someone with a university or college degree, and 3-5 years’ experience.
Skill requirements include:
- Strong understanding of and an established network in PEI’s business community
- Proven ability to work well with the newcomer community
- Results driven and goal oriented
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem assessment and problem solving abilities
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work well and relate to others across multiple business functions
- Experience in marketing plan development and management considered an asset.
- Experience working in career development or recruitment services considered an asset.
- A car and valid driver’s license are required
- This is a full time contract position for January through March 2018. Depending on job performance, program needs and availability of funding this employment contract may be extended. The funding for this position is pending project approval
- If this is you, you’re ready to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic organization please provide your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 10th – 4:00 pm AST.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.