The Chamber welcomes the provincial government’s recent decision to reinstate the Charlottetown Area Development Corporation (CADC), noting the decision is positive for economic development in the capital region, allowing for good momentum to continue and the exploration of new opportunities.
In 2017, the former provincial government announced its intention to dissolve CADC. Since then, the Chamber advocated for the revitalization and reinstatement of CADC, noting that for over 45 years, CADC has been an important catalyst in attracting private sector development and investment. As part of its advocacy efforts, the Chamber outlined the rationale for CADC in the following documents:
- Letter to Premier Denis King regarding CADC’s progress, July 2019
- Joint news release with Downtown Charlottetown Inc., April 2019
- 2019 provincial election priorities document, March 2019
- 2019 provincial pre-budget submission, February 2019
- Voice of Business magazine themed “Cornwall, Charlottetown, Stratford Vote”, Fall 2018
- 2018 City of Charlottetown pre-budget submission, January 2018
Positions for the new CADC board will be advertised through Engage PEI by the end of October 2019.