The Office of Immigration has offered to present on immigration pathways available to employers in Prince Edward Island who are having difficulty filling labour shortages in the Province. Highlights of programs listed can be found below with further information being provided at the presentation.
- Date: July 11, 2018
- Time: 12 pm- 1 pm (Registration starts at 11:30 am), light lunch will be provided
- Location: ATC Lecture Theatre
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 6, with your company’s name, number of people attending, contact information.
Labour Impact Streams:
- Skilled Worker – Prince Edward Island employers wishing to hire a new employee identified outside of Canada may do so through nomination via the Skilled Worker Stream. Nominees, who possess the necessary skills, meet all program criteria in place at the time of the application. The job being offered is in management, professional or a technical/skilled jobs
- Critical Worker – Prince Edward Island Employers that have hired a foreign worker may support that worker to obtain permanent residency to Canada. The job being offered is an intermediate job which usually need a high school or job-specific training
- Express Entry Category – Must meet minimum requirements of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Trades. Applicants that have the highest probability to economically establish through connectivity to PEI and/or the local labour market will be selected.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program – the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is an employer-driven federal immigration pilot program designed to help you fill permanent labour shortages and skill gaps in your business by supporting foreign nationals for permanent residency. There are three different streams which aim to address different needs. The Atlantic High Skilled Program allows you to attract highly skilled individuals, the Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program allows you to attract semi-skilled individuals, and the Atlantic International Graduate Program allows you to attract recent graduates from Atlantic Canada post-secondary institutions.