Study and Stay program seeking mentors
Study and Stay – Prince Edward Island and En Point are partnering to bring mentorship opportunities to a group of committed international students who want to make Prince Edward Island their home post-graduation. We are looking for professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and areas of expertise, including:
- Arts and Culture
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Natural Resources
- Community Development
- Public Relations
- Information Technology
What is The Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Prince Edward Island Program?
The Atlantic Canada Study and StayTM – Prince Edward Island Program is managed by Study and StayTM – Prince Edward Island, funded by the province of Prince Edward Island and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. As part of the program, Study and StayTM – Prince Edward Island and En Point are collaborating to provide mentorship opportunities for students to apply learning, build meaningful professional connections, and gain an understanding of Prince Edward Island’s workplace culture. The goal of the program is to support international students stay, live, work, and build meaningful professional connections and careers in Prince Edward Island.
What will mentors do?
- Meet with your assigned student a minimum of 6 times between December 2018 – July 2019.
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections.
- Provide feedback on strengths and areas of improvement.
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in Prince Edward Island.
- Be available to support your student as she/he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’.
To become a mentor, sign up at: www.atlanticcanadastudyandstay.com