The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC) serves as the “Voice of Business” on economic issues for close to 1,000 members and reflects a diverse network of small, medium and large businesses from almost every industry sector and business profession in the capital region.
GCACC seeks a highly motivated individual for the full-time position of Events and Sponsorship Manager. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the individual will oversee the planning, implementation and management of GCACC events and will assist with event sponsor engagement and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the planning, implementation and management of the GCACC annual signature events including the Biz2Biz Expo, President’s Excellence Awards, President’s Holiday Reception, Corporate Challenge Golf Tournament, and President’s Annual Luncheon – as well as the GCACC networking socials and workshops.
- Assist with budget development for each signature event, and networking/workshop program series.
- Identify event hosts and venues for monthly networking socials.
- Negotiate and book venues, audio visual, food and beverage and other vendors and suppliers.
- Assist in the development and administration of the GCACC sponsorship program.
- Recruit, train and recognize event volunteers and coordinate with event committees.
- Assist with event programming and scheduling including speakers and entertainers.
- Collaborate with staff and other volunteers to ensure events are executed on time and on budget.
Experience and Skill Requirments
We are looking for someone who is confident, professional and a natural leader with a university or college degree, and a minimum of three years of events management experience. Skill requirements include:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time
- Strong computer and technical skills (Microsoft Office Suite, database management)
- Good time management skills and adept at prioritizing tasks
- Good communication and people skills/ability to work well and relate to others across multiple business functions
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- If you’re ready to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic organization, please provide your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications: Friday May 25, 2018 at 5:00pm.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.