Today, the Chamber submitted its 2023-24 pre-budget recommendations to the City of Charlottetown ahead of its consultation deadline, with a focus on housing development.
In our recommendations, we advocated for:
- (1) Freezing of Commercial Property Taxes
- (2) Amend Zoning and Development Bylaw height restrictions to encourage supply growth by building up
- (2b) Reduce the Minimum Parking Requirements for new Multi-Unit Residential construction and Dwelling Units
- (2c) Reduce the 0.5 acre minimum Lot Area required for Garden Suites
- (3) Expedite approval process to accelerate development
The information included in our submission was based on feedback from members, the Board of Directors, and Advocacy Committee.
To view our full submission, click here.