Application for Appointment to the Board
Please complete all of the following questions to be considered for board services with the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC).
The Board of Directors are volunteers from diverse professional backgrounds who are elected to oversee the affairs of the GCACC in accordance with its bylaws. Directors are elected for two-year terms (with the option to re-offer for an additional two years).
Please read and consider the following list of expectations prior to submitting an application:
• Be viewed as, and conduct oneself as a responsible corporate citizen.
• Be at least 19 years of age.
• Adhere to all policies of the GCACC Board.
• Declare any conflicts of interest.
• Have the support of their employer to hold the position of Director for a 2-year term to a maximum of 8 years.
• Attend eight (8) board meetings per year as well as the GCACC’s Annual General Meeting.
• Participate in or lead a task force/committee of the Chamber.
Applicants must be a member in good standing 30 days prior to the nominee application closing date. Member in good standing is the status assigned to a member of the GCACC whereby the organization has remained current on Chamber membership fees and payments. The term is construed under ordinary rules and with reference to the by-laws of the GCACC.
Deadline to apply: February 29, 2024