Charlottetown, PE (Oct. 24, 2022) – The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC) is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Board of Directors, with a closing date of December 31, 2022.
The Board of Directors are volunteers from diverse professional backgrounds who are elected to oversee the affairs of the GCACC in accordance with its by-laws. Directors are elected for two-year terms (with the option to re-offer for an additional two years).
“The Chamber is critical to our Island’s business community and our Board of Directors is a large part of our success,” said Robert Godfrey, CEO of the Chamber. “I encourage anyone who considers themselves a community leader to apply and to add their voice to PEI’s largest business advocacy organization.”
Applicants must be a member in good standing thirty days prior to the nominee application closing date of December 31, 2022. Member in good standing is the status assigned to a member of the GCACC whereby the organization has remained current on Chamber membership fees and payments. The term is construed under ordinary rules and with reference to the by-laws of the GCACC.
The Chamber asks all those interested in applying to consider the following list of expectations prior to applying:
- Be viewed as, and conduct oneself as a responsible corporate citizen.
• Be at least 19 years of age.
• Adhere to all policies of the GCACC Board.
• Declare any conflicts of interest.
• Have the support of their employer to hold the position of Director for a 2-year term to a maximum of 8 years.
• Attend at minimum 5 board meetings per year as well as the GCACC’s Annual General Meeting held every May.
• Participate in or lead a task force/committee of the Chamber.
To apply to the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, click here.
About The Chamber:
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce connects business and community and is PEI’s largest business advocacy organization with more than 1,100 members. For more information on the Chamber, visit www.charlottetownchamber.com.
Policy and Communications Specialist
(902) 628-2000 x 224