Charlottetown, PE (January 16, 2024) – The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC) is now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Board of Directors, with a closing date of February 29, 2024.
The Board of Directors are volunteers from diverse professional backgrounds who are elected to oversee the affairs of the GCACC in accordance with its by-laws. Directors are elected for two-year terms (with the option to re-offer for an additional two years).
Applicants must be a member in good standing thirty days prior to the nominee application closing date. Member in good standing is the status assigned to a member of the GCACC whereby the organization has remained current on Chamber membership fees and payments. The term is construed under ordinary rules and with reference to the by-laws of the GCACC.
The Chamber asks all those interested in applying to consider the following list of expectations prior to applying:
- Be viewed as, and conduct oneself as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Adhere to all policies of the GCACC Board.
- Declare any conflicts of interest.
- Have the support of their employer to hold the position of Director for a 2-year term to a maximum of 8 years.
- Attend at minimum 5 board meetings per year as well as the GCACC’s Annual General Meeting held every May.
- Participate in or lead a task force/committee of the Chamber.
To apply to the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, click here.