The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (GCACC or Chamber) serves as the “Voice of Business” on economic issues for over 1100 members. Its members reflect a diverse network of small, medium, and large businesses from almost every industry sector and business profession in the capital region.
The GCACC seeks a highly motivated individual to lead a team of talented and engaged employees and serve as its Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). The CEO leads the day-to-day operations of the Chamber and reports to the Board of Directors (the “Board”). This key position directs all operational aspects of the GCACC, including membership, events, advocacy, finances, and community outreach and networking. The CEO focuses on sound business practices, and nurtures strong relationships with Chamber members and stakeholders, while serving as the face of the organization for business members.
The ideal candidate will possess a university or college degree, knowledge of the needs within a board governance structure, and will display:
- A high degree of credibility, integrity, and reliability.
- A collegial professional approach with a proven track record.
- Exceptional communication and engagement skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team to creatively solve problems.
- Strong cultural competence related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Previous high-level leadership in a service-related organization.
- An outcomes-driven and mission-focused approach to leadership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the CEO:
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and CEO and between the CEO and Chamber team.
- In addition to the Chamber President, act as a spokesperson for the Chamber.
- Foster a strong, diverse workplace culture for all employees and volunteers.
- Represent the Chamber at community activities to enhance the Chamber’s community profile and business engagement.
- Oversee the implementation of the operational plan, including the overall budget, which incorporates the goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Chamber.
- Prudently manage the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the Board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Chamber.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Chamber’s programs and services.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of programs and services of the Chamber to maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Communicate with members on advocacy issues.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders, community groups, and sponsors, elected officials and other chambers, to help achieve the goals of the Chamber.
- Ensure sound board governance structures and reporting are maintained.
- Other duties as required.
$95-$115,000 plus benefits
- Master’s Degree in Leadership, Business, or related field
If you feel you are a team leader that can serve our members as an outstanding CEO, we want to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com with “CEO Position” in the subject line.
Closing date: December 9, 2022.