Lead the Shift is an employer training program delivered by the Chamber and PEI Connectors.
The goal of the program is to provide employers with the education, skills, and tools necessary to develop and implement equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) strategies and policies at their workplaces. By working with employers to create welcoming and inclusive workplaces, immigrants and marginalized groups will find employment that is aligned with their post-secondary education and professional experiences and realize their full career potential in PEI. It also contributes to better immigrant retention rates for the province.
The program is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada through the PEI Department of Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population, and delivered by the Chamber.
A NEWCOMER WORK READY PROGRAM
We are happy to be able to offer this program at no cost to participants. To optimize this opportunity for the benefit of your employees, potential employees and business, the investment we require is full participation in all elements of the program. We know that this investment will be worth it. Two participants per organization are welcome to attend the program. Each participant is to fill out the form separately.
Register above to be added to the list for the next cohort.
- Gain valuable information, tools, and knowledge to develop diversity and inclusion (D&I) competencies in the workplace
- Understand how these competencies apply to your business
- Develop a foundation for the implementation and evaluation of D&I strategies
- Develop a framework for D&I policies within your organization
- Understand cultural diversity, evidence and research-based hiring practices, and the impacts of microaggressions and unconscious bias.
- Free workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion training for island employers
- Includes an online self-assessment to help you establish a starting point in your EDI journey
- Includes 12 hours of live online workshops
- Includes 8 hours of in-person sessions focused on helping you develop D&I policies within your organization
- Hear true stories and experiences from newcomers to PEI
- Learn from businesses who have implemented D&I policies
Hear what past participants are saying about the program:
“The Lead the Shift Program helped us plan which steps to take next, and which strategies could help build lasting change in our organization.
Through first-hand accounts from newcomers, experts in the field of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, and through shared lessons from other organizations, we were able to better assess where we are now and how to move forward effectively. “
– Steve Bellamy, CEO, Confederation Centre of the Arts (September 2020)
“If you are a person responsible for the well-being and retention of staff, and know you need to do something and don’t know where to start, start here with Lead the Shift. Even if you are farther along your DEI journey, these sessions provide valuable resources and is an efficient way to get up to speed and check in with a professional on what you’ve already done… That this training is offered for free, is amazing. I commend the Chamber for leading by example to support companies with limited budgets for professional HR development…”
– Kelly Burke, CEO, SilverOrange (June 2021)
“Lead the Shift is a great initiative from the Charlottetown Chamber that offers leaders from different local organizations to go beyond diversity and inclusion training and implement meaningful change within your organization… Thank you for providing us this opportunity and would recommend this training for any leader in PEI!”
– Chérine Stevula, General Director, Carrefour de L’Isle-Saint-Jean (June 2021)
about our facilitators
Amanda Fernandez, MI, MBA, Founder, Inclusifyy
“I founded Inclusifyy to invest my skills, knowledge, and privilege into countering inequitable workplace practices. I am single-minded about DEI and setting our clients up for success: I guide change-makers in creating corporate cultures where all employees have the support and tools they need to thrive.
I have extensive experience in people-management, leading large-scale organizational change, project management, and overall business awesomeness.
I believe in creating meaningful personal connections through empathetic listening, powerful story-telling, and salty language. I am a fan of quality whisky and bourbon, and my voice goes up two octaves when I see any non-human animal.”
For more information, contact: