The province recently announced a new gift card incentive program to support PEI’s accommodation operators and the tourism industry, in partnership with the Hotel Association of PEI and Food Island Partnership.
The Tourism Accommodation Accelerator Program will provide guests with a complimentary $100 Canada’s Food Island gift card for each consecutive two-night stay at participating accommodation providers, and will run from June 15 to July 31, 2021.
PEI accommodation operators are encouraged to review the eligibility criteria and register for the program before June 13.
- Must hold a valid accommodation license for 2021;
- The licensed accommodation must be used for business activity and not, whole or in part, for primary residential purposes;
- Must have more than one (1) accommodation unit;
- Must be a fixed-roof accommodation;
- Must be open for the duration of the program without exception (June 15 to July 31, 2021);
- Where the owner resides to assist with operations, the licensed accommodation must have a minimum of four (4) guest bedrooms with private bathrooms assigned to the exclusive use of a guest or party of guests and the operator provides hospitality.
For more information on the program requirements, visit www.tourismpei.com/tourism-accomodation-accelorator-program.
To submit a participation application, go to https://stay2get100.ca/sign-up/. Any questions can be directed to 902-367-0509 or 902-628-4459, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.