SUMMER STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Application Deadline: May 10, 2019
Title: Research and Communications Assistant
Reports to: Director of Policy & Communications
Responsibilities: The Research and Communications Assistant would support the Director of Policy & Communications in their policy research and communications efforts.
- Research and writing background documents related to Chamber advocacy priorities such as population growth, immigration, workforce development and taxation.
- Gathering data and statistics relevant to the local business community.
- Support the collection of member feedback on Chamber advocacy priorities such as population growth, immigration, workforce development and taxation.
- Support the organization of events related to Chamber advocacy priorities.
- Support the development and maintenance of print and digital content.
- Participate in team meetings and support Charlottetown Chamber events.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
- Must have a general understanding of the provincial and national economy.
- Must have a general understanding of small and medium-sized business operations.
- Must be very organized with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able and willing to work outside of the constraints of a standard work week, as required, including the occasional evening for events.
- Demonstrate a sense of curiosity and ability to seek out answers.
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in word processing, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience navigating data collection websites, such as Statistics Canada, considered an asset.
- Experience with online platforms such as WordPress and SurveyMonkey considered an asset.
Preference will be given to students studying in the following areas:
- Political Science
Term: 8 weeks @ 37.5 hours per week
Rate: $13 / hour
Tentative Start Date: June 17, 2019
To be eligible for this position, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
All qualified applications submitted to Sheryl MacAulay, Director of Policy and Communications – email@example.com by May 10th, 2019 will be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization made up of business and professional people sharing a common goal: the economic development of the capital region of Charlottetown, Cornwall and Stratford. With 1000 members, the Chamber reflects a diverse network of small, medium and large businesses from almost every industry sector and business profession. For further information visit charlottetownchamber.com or call 902-628-2000.