This evening, Monday, March 16th, the provincial government announced measures to support local businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Establishing an initial $25 million COVID-19 Emergency Contingency Fund for businesses, employers, employees and the self-employed.
- Establishing a toll-free number to assist employers in addressing their concerns and support needs. The number is 1-866-222-1751 and will be open 8 AM – 8 PM, five days a week, beginning tomorrow, March 17th.
- Actively monitoring the supply chain impacts.
The provincial government has indicated that more details on these actions will be shared with Islanders in the next 24-hours.
As your Chamber, we will continue to advocate on your behalf to government officials and share relevant business information through our social media, newsletters and email channels as soon as it becomes available.
- For resources to assist with any questions or planning, visit our website.
- For the most reliable and up-to-date provincial information and resources on COVID-19, we direct you to the Province of Prince Edward Island’s COVID-19 information page.
To be sure we continue to hear from you and monitor the impact this situation is having on the business community, we have set up an information collection survey. Please let us know your questions or the challenges you’re facing and we will be sure to bring these forward as the days unfold.
Dawn Binns, President
Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce