The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire a permanent Membership Sales Coordinator.
The Membership Sales Coordinator will report to the Director of Membership Services (DOMS) and will work with the Chamber team to assist with ongoing Chamber initiatives and administrative tasks. This individual will help to support the DOMS to meet (and exceed) monthly membership sales targets and will act as the point of contact for member phone inquiries and guests arriving at the office.
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is Atlantic Canada’s second largest Chamber, with over 1,150 members.
Reporting to the Director of Membership Services, this highly motivated individual will: • Support the DOMS in all aspects of Membership (onboarding, prospecting, general member
inquiries, preparing reports, assist with and identify advertising opportunities) • Collect & update membership information to ensure member profile is accurate & complete. • Maintain & record regular communications with members. • Promote benefits to membership ensuring membership value is received. • Prepare invoices and receive and process payments. • Complete general administrative duties as required • Assist with event registrations, ticket invoicing and payments collected. • Meet & greet members & guests as they arrive at the office.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in new environments.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with Chamber members.
- Ability to respond compassionately to the needs of Chamber members.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Open-minded and creative thinker, with great problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
$38,000 – $43,000.00 annually, based on experience and qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, September 29, 2023
Apply: Please submit your cover letter, and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Membership Sales Coordinator.” Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
What does the Chamber do?
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (the Chamber) is proud to be Prince Edward Island’s largest business advocacy organization committed to supporting and connecting our business members.
- We are a non-partisan, not-for-profit membership-based organization.
- We are not a government agency, but we work closely with all levels of government to advocate for our members.
- We are part of a vast network of Chambers of Commerce, including the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. Though we collaborate on regional and national issues, we operate independently.
- We are small business. Approximately 87% of our members have 25 employees or less.
- Our members are loyal, with 90% renewing their membership year to year.
The Chamber has 4 key pillars guiding our everyday work:
We represent our member businesses by addressing issues such as provincial, federal and municipal budgets; government program gaps; workforce and labour issues; and other areas that affect your ability to succeed and grow.
We provide a variety of benefits to our members including access to the Canadian Chamber Group Insurance Plan, exclusive cost-savings benefits, attractive credit and debit card discounts, exporting assistance, and a variety of marketing and promotional opportunities.
We offer an assortment of workshops, seminars and educational events to keep you and your team current on relevant business topics and trends.
Through a variety of events, we connect our members with the business community and its stakeholders.
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status.